For a more complex slider, you have the option to use Slider Revolution and benefit from the great options that this slider offers. If you want to create the main slider page, based on Slider Revolution, please follow the following steps.
1. Go to Pages -> Add New
2. Add a title for the new created page – Main Slider Page
3. Select the template to be used for that page – Main RevSlider Page
4. Make sure that you are editing the page with Visual Composer, in Backend editor.
5. Click on Add Element and select Revolution Slider
6. In the Revolution Slider Settings window, please select the slider you want to add on this page. Please notice that you need to create the slider in Slider Revolution, before reaching this point, so the slider will be shown in the drop down list.
7. Click on Publish and your main slider page is now created.
8. Go to Appearance -> Customize
10. Select Static Front Page option on the bottom left of the page
11. Select the page you’ve just created – Main Slider Page for static front page
12. Click on Save and you have a slider on homepage.
Please check the screenshots below for few visual details: