In order to have the main slider as homepage of your website, you just need to create a empty page and use Main Slider Page as template for that page.
1. Go to Pages -> Add New
2. Add a title for the new created page – Main Slider Page
3. Select the template to be used for that page – Main Slider Page
4. Click on Publish and the page is now created.
5. Go to Appearance -> Customize
6. Select Static Front Page option on the bottom left of the page
7. Select the page you’ve just created – Main Slider Page for static front page
8. Click on Save and you have a slider on homepage.
For the built in/default slider, each slide can be defined from WordPress admin menu. This functionality is provided by JamSession Post Types plugin, that we’ve just activated. After activating the plugin, new menu options should be available on the WordPress admin menu.
At the first point of installation, JamSession theme comes with a default slide. It will be visible as long as no other slide is defined.
Go to Slides -> Add New Slide. The following fields need to be filled:
At this moment, you should see the default slide. If no slide is defined, the default one will be shown on the page.
1. Post Ttitle – this is the message that appears on the bottom right part of the slider.
2. Hide Title & Message – Allows you to hide the title and link message from the slider.
3. Message – Link Message that appears on the bottom right of the page.
4. URL – URL of the page that will be loaded when the visitor clicks on Message.
5. YouTube URL, Vimeo URL – If YouTube or Vimeo is present, the slider will show the play button, allowing the visitor to see the video in full screen. If both fields are filled, the slider will play YouTube.
6. Featured Image – This is the main slider image.
Please notice that Featured image MUST be set, otherwise the slider will not appear on the front page.